Recipe – Willow Tree Cranberry Walnut and Brie Bites
- 2 packages (17 oz. each) puff pastry
- Willow Tree Classic Chicken Salad
- 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Orange and lemon
- 4 oz. brie cheese, cut into 48 pieces
- ¼ c. finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Thaw puff pastry sheets according to package instructions. Once thawed, unfold into thirds.
- Cut each third into 12 equal squares to make 48 squares. (You will not use entire second package)
- Grease 2 mini muffin tins; press each puff pastry square into a muffin cup.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes; remove from oven and press the center of each cup in with the end of a wooden spoon.
- While puff pastry is baking, prepare cranberry sauce. Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and let cool slightly.
- Fill the center of each puff pastry cup with chicken salad, ½ tsp cranberry sauce, and 1 piece brie cheese.
- Return to oven for 5-7 minutes, until brie is nicely melted.
- Top with chopped walnuts and minced sage.
- Serve warm and enjoy!